Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Today, the 21st

So, after having a good rest on Sunday, monday started early again.

What did we do?

The day started with a leadership-workshop. It compared people's definitions of leadership, and showed how different cultures descripe leadership. Very informative when you are learning about "Global Leadership", like we hare.

Next up was vocals, which I'd like to refer to as "Singing class", since all you do is sing.
I'm actually getting pretty good at Spanish songs!

After that, we were taught how to work in front of classes. You know, for when we are supposed to be teaching kids when we're on the road. I applied to help with the next "education", thingie they're about to do.
It might be a good training for when I want to do the "education coordinator"-internship.

Oh, I didn't tell about that, right?
In UWP, you have the possibility to follow certain internships. They allow you to work with a professional and it's good for your CV (A+ Rank). You are doing so much more when doing it, and it will pay off after the trip.
The two internships I'm interested in are "Education Coordinator" and "Show Manager". I will do my best to get both! (There are 3 periods in which you can apply for an internship).

After the kids' stuff, we had more dancing. We learned to dance to the spanish song we learned earlier, but I was taken away in the middle, to do some more "singing auditions" with some other guys. I hope that went good.

So, no pics today,

Oh, I've become a member on facebook.com I post ALL my pictures there, and I might put a link on this blog every once in a while. You can only see the pics when you are a member, but it's a lot easier than uploading every picture at a time.

Bubbayz!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear son,
We are happy to read that you have such good times in Denver. Nice of you to go for the educational internship and the show manager item. Anxious to learn about your experiences. Your pics are great. (your hostdad looks like Steven Spielberg, we think). Keep up the good work and keep us posted. Your daily mail is like a small present to us. We love it! Hugs and kisses from Jline, dad, P and JW. <3

Anonymous said...

Hi there Hank,

Love to read you are doing well! Like your T-shirt! Be sure we will visit you in October. We don't no where you are at that time, but we will find you. Be sure. We are willing to get some of the atmosphere you live in these days. Seems addictive.

Love you.

SSD (the beast unleashed)

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures Freek.
Good luck with your internships.
Your host family really looks nice.
greetings
Tante Lot