Saturday, April 5, 2008

About today - a special day!

Well, today was just awesome! I finally was able to meet some of the people I'm about to travel with! I was right, there ARE nice! A lot!

So, what happened? Well, like almost every other student, I came with my parents. Together, we drove to our destenation in the centre of Utrecht, which was a bit difficult to find, but we found it whatsoever.
We were the first to arrive (half an hour before the starting time, but hey, we came from afar and didn't want to be late), and I started, talking to the counseler I've only spoken to by email! She's a very nice lady, who helps me with all the preparetions.
And after a while, more students came dropping in. There were other Dutch students, like me, but also a few from Belgium and some Germans! Whoah! And, without exception, they're all very nice. We all started talking, and before we knew it, it was time to get started.

So, what we got was some kind of presentation about everything what, how, and when we are going to do! I already knew most of the things, but it was super to hear a lot of inspiring stories from ex-UWP'ers first-hand. You hear stories about authistic children who can barely remember any names for their whole life, but they do remember the name of a student! It was heart-touching.

Well, the presentation was a bit long (2 and a half hours), so after that, we all were very hungry. Naturally, we all started talking again, while eating lunch all-together. Very nice! And after that, people started to go home, and so did we.

Yeah, I liked it a lot!

But, there's more news today! I got a gift from two very special sponsors. They are two little, German boys who gave up their pocketmoney this week, to support me on my quest. I thank these two boys in particulary today.

Danke schön, Kenny und Youri!


Also, I got a request about whát I'm about to do... well, I was about to save that for cucumbertime, and nothing really special happend, but I will post it very soon! Expect a detailed summary (probably in parts, 'cause it is all very 'wide') next week!

I love you, dear readers!

Bubbayz!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Veel plezier gewenst Frederik, denk dat ik toch wel op de hoogte wil blijven :P

-Petri

Siddin said...

Ik zie u ook graag, Frederik ^_^.
Haha.
Nee echt, ongelooflijk leuk daje zo goed met die mensen overeenkomt.
Kzie het al, dat zal een onvergetelijke reis worden...