Saturday, August 9, 2008

too... much... to... tell...

So, just as the title says: I just have way to much to tell, so this whole post might be a bit messy. I apologize right now for everything you don't understand later on in this post.

So, let's see. We've been in the new building for 2 or 3 days now. Tomorrow we have one run-through of the show, and after that: OUR FIRST PERFORMANCE!
Today was the day the whole cast met eachother exactly 4 weeks ago. And also, on 08-08-08, when the Olympics are being held in China, our last student has finally arrived. FROM CHINA!
Her name is "Grace", and I hope she will fit in the cast soon.

Let's see. The show. I think it's pretty sure what I will be doing. Even though more people learn the same roles for the show (so that they can rotate), I think I will be doing the next things.

Saxophone in the opening-song
Saxophone in a "rap"-kind of song
Saxophone in "Go Daddy-Oh", which is a swing song and awesome to play on sax
Saxophone in the ending song (Themesong: Up With People)
I will be "frontline" on "I can believe", which is a song, pretty much coming from the heart and charisma.
And the best part: I will probably in the Quartet (in the love song medley), which is the only comedy-style part of the whole show! I'm so happy to be in there.

Also, tomorrow is saturday. On monday, we will leave for our next destination. I'm a bit sad. I really like my current host-family. They are good people, and I will really miss them...
I feel like I still have so much to do with them...
Time is short!

Oh, a fun thing between the lines. We're here in Denver, which is located in a climate that is almost classified as "Desert", and we had a lot of sunny days. In fact, it only rained for 2 days this month, and both were just 5 minutes of almost no rain.
Today was different. After dinner, all of a sudden, it started to rain, storm and hail. My host-family was shocked by it. Appearently, this was not normal here in Denver. So, after 2 or 3 seconds staring at it, Ben, Zach and I took off our shoes, socks and shirts and we ran into it. It was just awesome. The rain felt so good, and even though there was hail, you almost couldn't feel it. Pictures were made, but I don't have them on my laptop yet. Coming soon!

Ben and Zach both got a piercing today. Ben through his ear, Zach through his lip.
I'm secretly thinking about getting a tattoo. You know, on the back of my hand, a tri-force or something like that. Would be cool.
I'll sleep a few nights, considering it.


And just one clairification: I had contact with my girlfriend today. She said that at home, everyone thinks life here is great and awesome, with no worries at all. (She didn't say that, but that's how I think you guys think about it).
Let me tell you, nothing is perfect. In fact, I've been crying a lot here. Leaving all of your loved ones behind at the same time is harsh. Okay, most of the time here it's fun, amazing and I'm learning a lot, but I just wanted to share the other side of the coin with you. I really miss my girlfriend, my family, my friends...
They are all really precious to me, and being away from there where your heart is, almost unable to communicate due to a difference in time is hard.
It's a reason for a man to cry his heart out once in a while...

Hmm... I think that's it. Maybe I forgot something...
Ah well, if I remember, I'll tell you next time. It wouldn't be that important if I can't remember it. =D

Bubbayz,
Love from Frederik
to my family,
friends,
and my amazing girlfriend Esther

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Frederik,

You must be having a great experience overthere in the USA.
Also emotionally, you learn a lot about life. It touched me.
I read tomorrow you will leave.
I wish you a good trip to your next country. You were lucky to have such a nice host family.
Love,
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Dear son,

This was a special sunday for all of us. You overthere, steaming your saxophone completely during your first UWP-show. Amazing that we talked about it previously (the devil went down to Georgia . . .).

We were so proud to read about your experience during the show (and your nerves of course). But we were especially touched by your feelings and emotions we shared today. You know what I am talking about.
I still try to make contact, but no response at this time. For now we want to say to you Hasta la Vista, since you are about to leave for Mexioo. Enjoy and try to learn a bit spanish to teach to your dad. Una chica guapa y mucho calor!

Your mum and dad!