Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Salt Lake City, Mormon-Capital and good times!

We left Colorado Springs behind us and headed towards the Mormon-Capital of the world: Salt Lake City. This city holds the great Mormon temple (Which we paid a visit to, of course).

First things first: This city, I got hosted with Russ Reiter (.com) in the house of an Elderly couple. Their Son (Jerry –aka- Big J) lived just 2 blocks away, and he also hosted 2 Uppies (Javier and Franziska)! Guess what, we had so much fun!
Big J became like a second host-father to Russ and me, and it happened more than once that the five of us just stayed up till far after midnight, just playing games! (Especially Apples to Apples was popular). Also, his friend (Michael) stayed for a few nights! Loads of fun!

Aaargh, so much to tell! MY PARENTS AND MY BROTHER CAME! About halfweek in the week, a section of my family came by! I was so happy! xD I love them =) They met with Big J and everyone was at the show!

Amusement: This week, I rode my first motorcycle! xD Mwhahaha, I love burning rubber! It was way easier than I expected xD
Also, me, Big J, Russ and Michael went to one of the haunted mansion that was in town (almost Halloween!) We had so much fun! xD We were all acting like teenagers. And everytime there was a “maze”-part, we always had to wait for Russ at the end. So typical!
Apart from that, Big J and Michael and me went to watch a movie one night “The Mummy III: Tomb of the Dragon King”. Good movie! xD

Community Impact was okay this week. First day, I was working in a pumpkin-garden. Basically what I did was moving around pumpkins and plant vines.
Second day was a bit more spectacular: we went to one of the local Elder homes. It’s like a center where the elders gather and have fun together. We basically helped out the janitor by cleaning the terrace and restrooms (not the toilets themselves), and help the cook with cooking.
When we were done and finished dinner with the elders, they thought us how to squaredance! Haha, that was a lot of fun!
I love Square-dancing xD

Oh my, this was such a good week xD
I totally forget the big sleepover we had in Jerry’s livingroom xD Hehe, good times!

But now I have to leave for some business!

Love,
Bubbayz,

Freddy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi honey, yes, we remember Jerry and Michael and Russ of course! We spent good times in SLC with you (red lobster, hey!). It was so good to see and feel you again!!! We were also touched by Ouray's presentation regarding the Navajo-community. Where are your pics these days???? Miss them. Look forward to reading your next blog on Cheyenne. Love <3 Jline

Anonymous said...

He Frits,

Strange to know that we just recently visited you. It seems like ages to us! We miss you and all of your UWP friends. They are realy great.
At the moment, we are in Antwerpen. Pake just had his operation. So far so good!

We miss your pics by the way!

Greetz,

Sietsss