Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hermosillo, city of eternal heat

A week has passed since my last update. Even though I had internet at my previous hostfamily, I wasn´t able to upload stuff, so I´ll just do it retro-style again.

So, first day was travelday, man, was it hell! 12 hour busride, they said! My *censured* it was way longer! I don’t know how long it was, but we left at6 in the morning, passed a timezone (so, one hour longer) and arrived around 7 in the evening. Then we had workshops and introduction of the city until 10:30. At 11, we had a reception, since it was Mexican Independence Day! It took a few hours, and after that, I was so hungry, I could eat a rabbit, including cage, in one bite!

After that, we met our hostfamilies. I met my bigger hostbrother first: Angel. I slept in a bunk bed with him for the whole week.
The rest of the family existed of a mom and dad, younger brother (Edson, who is an awesome soccerplayer!) and Valeria (Cute, older girl).

So, let’s take it in subjects again, instead of a day-by-day story.

Community Impact:
What we did here was very diverse. I did the following things:
- I gave a speech about how sex is viewed in the Society of The Netherlands.
- I painted and cleaned basketball courts for 2 days
- I spent some time in a hospital as a “Funny docter” (like, clowns) and amused kids

Hehe, so, we did a lot of different things! They were all so fun to do!

Hmm… let’s see, oh yeah, the show!

The show was outside (like all Mexican shows) and there were so many krickets! Not normal! They were everywhere!
(8)Crawling in my skin(8)

Do you remember the girl I talked about the last message that I met in the bar. Well, on the day of the show she was driving all the way from Culiacan to Hermosillo (12 hour ride) to come to the show! And as if it was God’s wrath, her car broke down 15 minutes away from Hermosillo, and she spent the time she should have been at the show signing papers and talking to people to repair her car and stuff. Then, she had to go to a hotel, and couldn’t come to the show at all…
I felt so sad for her…

Another noteworthy thing to mention is that I bought some awesome black cowboy boots in Hermosillo! Why there? I hear you wondering, well, they are famous for it!

Also, my suitcase is crammed again, so I guess I have to send stuff home very soon…
Most of it will be presents. You know, for Christmas, and souvenirs and stuff!

Conclusion: Hermosillo is a good place to be. In fact, I don’t want to leave Mexico, but we are now in the bus towards the USA again. I’m watching AMV Hell 4 with Chihiro now, and I’m going to finish this message soon!

Bubbayz!
I love you guys!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG you do realise Chihiro is the name of the main character of Spirited Away?!?! That's way too awesome!
Well that must seem a rather insensitive comment to a heartwarming story of adventurers making the world a better place. It fits my mood though, living in the world of universities; everything going so much faster and at level that can't be compared to life at the Stellingwerf College. Enough about me, let's talk about your journey. Been a while since I commented, but I felt the time was right again to do so.
So how's your singing coming along? Your dancing, your Spanish? I bet it's going better then my Greek, damn I need to start studying that. Anyway I guess it must be annoying, leaving Mexico, but just keep in mind how big the USA is, there is plenty left to see. On a different not, guess what happens on monday? HEROES!!!You're really missing out on some nice things, Naruto is still hella boring, but Bleach is taking a really nice turn in plot. So back to your story. Hope you're still having fun there, good luck for your shows etc. etc.
mvg,
Petri

Anonymous said...

Yo Hank,

Good to see that your fans are taking a 12 hours drive just to see your show! Too bad however the car broke. BUT . . . . can you show me the pictures to prove it to me? I don't think so!

Everytime when I read your Blog, I am surprised by the amount of things you and your UWP group are doing. It is realy impressive!

These days more people are asking me how you are doing. In fact it seems like a lot of people are actually taking interest in you!
But I can imagine, you know!

There is also a lot to tell about pake and beppe, but I will write you an email to inform you.

For now, this must be it.
Very curious to learn something about your sexual escapades in da USA - until than, I will be waiting.

Best regards and a big hug from Burt

Anonymous said...

As you know, FAD, I'm mainly interested in your intestines and the quality of the toiletpaper.

Could you please comment on that?
UncleJ

Anonymous said...

Hi Freek,

What a pity you have to leave Mexico already. Nice Community Impact experience!
Very sad for the girl from Culiacan that she didn't make it to see the show.
Have a nice time, Back in the USA.
regards,
Charlotte